Ellen (ennienyc) wrote,

Poweless over overload

Even though I had a fairly normal day Wednesday (got to the NYT in the morning to get a new ID, worked, grocery shopped, napped a bit in the afternoon), I somehow switched immediately to "sleep all day" today. This may be because I only slept 3 hours yesterday; I had to get to the Times between 10 and 11 since that's the only time the ID guy is there.

Sleeping "whenever" is one of the joys of freelancing, but the schedule needs to change in a hurry as I need to be awake during normal hours.

I printed out more puzzle boat puzzles, and actually solved two! They are not coming easily at ALL for me. I tried one Jeffurry already did (Medium TV/Stan's Puzzle), and needed a hint for the last step.

But I don't have time to solve puzzles the team already has, since work is heavy right now. A book due Monday, 3 more LA Times Sundays due ASAP (one needs a few look-ups, the next has the puzzle solved but clues not checked, and the third is still to go), and Uptown (5 21's due 11/1, now moved to 11/7 which is good since I don't have it yet - it should have arrived downstairs via FedEx today).

Tomorrow is Pleasantville, which is not much of a tournament but more an excuse to have a party. The contestant/judge ratio is maybe 2/1. I was offered a ride there, which will be nice. Maybe someone will be driving back but if not, I should be getting Noam's extra train ticket in the mail (it's almost 7:30 pm and I still haven't gone down for the mail). If I don't use the ticket tomorrow, I should be working up there before it expires. Must remember to bring the iBook for toonhead_npl to see why DropStuff acts up, as well as the boat puzzles since most of my team should be there.

Saturday it's back to the ancestral homeland to help at the "other" Great Neck high school's puzzle hunt, and dinner with cousins. I'll be back there the following week for my sister's 35th h.s. reunion - that is, if Miami ever gets its act together and she can get out. As of yesterday, they were still without power; her family went to a hotel for a few hours, then heard the power was back and returned home only to find out it wasn't. My mother's phone is continuously "busy" so I hope everything's still OK. She should have enough food, as she has cans of soup and boxes of cereal dating back to the Ford administration (the pack rat genes are strong).

There's some shaking up and moving around going on in the puz biz. I should hear more tomorrow.

  • Post a new comment


    Comments allowed for friends only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded